Sunday, September 22, 2013

Dulce de Leche Cookie Sandwiches and the Pintester Movement



Wow! I can't believe the third Pintester Movement is here! I really wanted to test a pin solely for the purpose of the Pintester Movement, but I time flew by, until I made an executive decision to post about cookies I made from Joy the Baker.



pintester-movement-500-plain.jpg (500×285)


These cookies are amazing. You would expect that the dulce de leche and the sweetness of the cookies would create an overdose of sugar, but it all evens out. The recipes is easy, but it makes about sixty cookies or thirty sandwiches, or about five batches of twelve.


Ingredients:
  • 2 and 1/2 cups (310 grams) flour
  • 1 teaspoon (8 grams) baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon (2 grams) salt
  • 1 cup (225 grams) butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup dulce de leche (265 grams), plus more for filling
  • 3/4 cup (165 grams) light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup (100 grams) white sugar
  • 2 eggs
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F or 175°C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
  3. In a stand mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until softened and broken up a bit. Add the dulce de leche, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat to blend completely. You may need a spatula to finish the mixing.
  4. Spoon the dough onto the baking sheets using a teaspoon of dough for each cookie. I used a mechanical ice cream scooper, but I had to remove some of the dough, so there wasn't too much. Leave about 2 inches (5 cm) of space between cookies because they spread.
  5. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies will be honey brown, but very soft when they come out. let the cool on the cookies sheet for a few minutes, then place them on a cooling rack to cool.
  6. When done baking, or when the cookies are cooled completely, spread with dulce de leche or melt dulce de leche so when cooled it will be shinier.
  7. Store for up to four days.

P.S. The cookies taste great by themselves, making sandwiches is optional.
Yummm!!!!!!




16 comments:

  1. That's a lot of cookies. I would need to half the recipe, but they sure look good.
    Fun Pin.

    Cherin // masterfullyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! Now I'm hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! They do look awfully tasty. Dulce de leche is one of my favorite flavors to begin with. Maybe make ice cream sandwiches using salted caramel ice cream in the middle? ;)

    We are two of the few recipe posts, glad to be in such good company for this Pintester Movement challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm totally trying this recipe! Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look good. Pretty sure my husband's diabetes would go off the charts from even smelling me baking those, and then I would have to eat them all by myself. Maybe that isn't a bad thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love dulce de leche AND recipes without any baking powder. I may just put these into my holiday cookie mix this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of butter....but looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe would be perfect for a cooking exchange and soon it will be the season! Glad they turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, I would have guessed just looking at the recipe that they would have been too sweet, but if you don't think so, I might have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm yum, these sound / look delicious!! Nice work =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am I the only person who's never heard of dulce de leche? I have no idea what that is! Looks yummy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all of the nice comments.

    Digital Chick:
    Dulce de leche is slowly heated sweetened milk, which then caramelizes.That is why it has a similar, but no the same flavour. It is very popular in South America. You can either make it at home or use storebought. It is the consistency of a spread.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those look really tasty, especially as I'm a big fan of dulce de leche. I'm happy to see they turned out well. I also did a cookie recipe for my Pin Test, which turned out really well. Yay for Pin Wins!

    ReplyDelete