Friday, July 19, 2013

Caesar salad dressing


You may have seen a post on my facebook page and noticed that I celebrate Canada day instead of Fourth of July. I lived in Canada for a while and I really enjoyed celebrating Canada day. This year we had a picnic for Canada day and invited some of our friends. We had an awesome time and enjoyed all of the delicious food. For the picnic, I made a lemon meringue pie and cinnamon rolls for everyone ( I doubled the original recipe). And besides that, I made a Caesar salad from allrecipes. I did add grilled chicken to the salad, which the recipe did not include.



The recipe is really simple and you make it in a plastic  resealable container.

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup (80 ml) lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
  • 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
  • 1/4 cup (20 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 2 and 1/2 tablespoons (40 ml) Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder (I guess you can use fresh garlic as well)
  • 1/4 teaspoon (0.5 g) ground black pepper
Directions:
  1. In a jar with a lid or plastic resealable container combine lemon juice, olive oil, water, cheese, mustard, garlic powder and pepper.
  2. Cover and shake well.
  3. Refrigerate until ready to use. Shake before pouring onto lettuce.
You can also grill some chicken, slice it into small pieces and mix into the salad. Instead of the chicken you can also serve the salad with croutons.


Enjoy!!!


Please comment below and like my facebook page, subscribe with email or follow my Pinterest board to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment