Monday, February 25, 2013

Homemade Mod Podge / Domače lepilo

I saw many ways to make your own mod podge. Many use school glue, but I found one that uses flour sugar, water and oil. I wanted to try this one out first, to see if it is worth buying school glue or mod podge. The results are good, if you don't mind any lumps while spreading it. I used a paintbrush to spread it, so I didn't have any problems. The results are as good as regular mod podge.



To make it, you need:

  • 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
  • 3/4 cup (94 g) flour
  • 2 tablespoons (25 g) sugar
  • 1 /8 teaspoon (1 ml) vegetable oil


Directions:
  1. Mix the ingredients and warm on medium heat. Stir the mixture to your liking. If you want it thicker, add more flour. If you want it a bit more watery, add more water.
  2. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes. Make sure it doesn't reach the boiling point.
  3. Let the mixture cool down and put it into an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment