Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chocolate mousse / Čokoladni mousse



I made brownies last night. I wanted to make them Valentine themed and shape them into hearts. If I wanted to do that, I would get leftover brownies which I really didn't want to waste. That is when I got the idea to make a mousse and layer it between brownie crumbs. GENIUS!



For the brownies, I used the simple recipe I posted here.

For the mousse, I based it on the recipe I found here, which does not contain eggs.

All I needed was:

  • 125g semisweet chocolate chips
  • 70ml whipping cream + 230ml whipping cream
  • 1 and 1/2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
I made the mousse like this:
  1. I first melted the chocolate chips and the 70ml of whipping cream. Microwave on high for 60 seconds and stir until the cream is well incorporated into the melted chocolate. Let it cool.
  2. Using an electric mixer, whip the rest of the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in the melted chocolate. Place into glasses, or you can layer it between brownies, cookies, cakes, etc.
  3. Refrigerate before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment