Monday, February 25, 2013

How to make your own body wash / Kako narediti tekoče milo



I joined Pinterest a few weeks ago and I found soooo many interesting things to DIY. One thing that really compelled me was making my own body wash or liquid soap. Making your own soap can really help you save money, since the difference between the bars of soap and the body washes with the same scent are big. To make your own body wash, all you need is a bar of soap and water. It is THAT simple. I made the soap in a small batch, but you can easily double the recipe, so you can make the soap in bulk.

This recipe makes 500 ml or 2 cups of soap.
Ingredients:
  • 30 gram bar of soap
  • 500 ml (2 cups) water

Directions:
I used some hotel soaps since I didn't have any other soap on hand.

  1. First, you grate the bar of soap. When grated, it should amount to about 60 ml or 1/4 cup of soap.
  2. Then you boil the water and add the grated soap until it melts. You can also add some extracts to your liking. I like to add some citrus juice, but be careful to subtract the amount of water, so the amount of liquid will stay the same. You can also add some zest.
  3. Let cool and stir every few minutes until thick. If it is too liquidy, heat it up again and add more grated soap. If it is too thick, add more water.
My melted soap with some lemon zest.


Enjoy your homemade soap!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment